December 8th 6-9pm | Asia Society Northern California | 500 Washington St. San Francisco
The stereotype of China producing only cheap or counterfeit goods has rapidly become outdated as Chinese companies increasingly expand abroad. Join the Asia Society and btrax with a cross-industry panel of Chinese business leaders who are revolutionizing China’s mainstream reputation through innovative products, strategic partnerships and acquisitions in the U.S. market.
GET YOUR TICKET HERE[eventbrite eventid=2345872568 type=ticket width=100% height=274]
6:00-6:45 Registration, drinks and networking
6:45-7:00 Panelist introductions
7:00-8:30 Moderated discussion and audience Q&A
8:30-9:30 Wrap-up, food and networking
Topics for discussion include
- Factors driving Chinese companies expansion abroad
- How a 1 billion domestic population influences foreign growth strategy
- Challenges facing Chinese companies and successes in the U.S. market
- Comparisons to Japan’s transition from cheap manufacturing base to brand leader
- Evolution of intellectual property protection inside China as companies go global
About the co-organizers
Asia Society is the leading global and pan-Asian organization working to strengthen relationships and promote understanding among the people, leaders, and institutions of the U.S. and Asia.
btrax is a cross-cultural branding, marketing and web consulting agency focused on the US, Japan and China markets with clients ranging from Silicon Valley startups to Fortune 500 companies.